Responsible for attending to the needs of guests, especially during check-in and check-out.
Job Functions :
• Providing information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities.
• Responding to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area (e.g. directions, places to eat, etc.).
• Selling rooms to “walk-in” customers.
• Entering/changing reservation information on the computer system.
• Posting charges to guest accounts.
• Processing payments from guests.
• Making necessary corrections to guest accounts.
• Informing housekeeping department about room status/availability.
• Listening for and responding to guest complaints.
• Operating hotel switchboard or PBX.
• Cleaning the front desk area.
• Maintaining daily logs.
• Balancing shift work and cash drawers.