The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance of the hotel.
Job Functions :
• Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical systems (e.g. HVAC, plumbing) and other hotel equipment.
• Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance program
• Reviewing maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctioning mechanical systems and equipment.
• Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
• Estimating department expenditures for budget purposes and assisting with the capital budget process.
• Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals. Once contractor is selected and employed, ensuring work is completed to specifications.
• Coordinating with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
• Performing preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
• Servicing the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters.
• Completing maintenance logs.
• Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting).
• Supervising and scheduling of maintenance staff.